Pierce County Library System offers a comprehensive benefits package that adds significantly to Library employees' total compensation.
All employees are eligible to take advantage of services provided through:
- Employee Assistance Program.
In addition, regular (not substitute) employees who work:
19 hours or fewer receive:
20 hrs or more receive:
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
- Employee medical and dental coverage at low or no cost (depending on plan chosen); spouse/domestic partner and dependent coverage also available at the employee's expense.
- Pre-tax medical and dental premiums and Flexible Spending Account.
- Employer-paid employee Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance. (Additional life insurance for the employee and family is also available.)
- Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
- Voluntary tax -sheltered annuity and Washington State Deferred Compensation Program (DCP).
- Internal training and tuition assistance program.